Friday, July 20, 2012

Good-Bye to an AMAZING Family

When I woke up this morning I had a weird pit in my stomach. Not bad, just weird. For the past two weeks, my husband Tim has been walking around with an odd look in his eyes. I did not recognize it and he just kept saying he had "a lot" going on. It was starting to bug me, but it wasn't until today that I finally understood. Today July 20, 2012 , after ten years, we are walking away from the marine corps. Tim had his last PT session with his marines followed by a change of command ceremony. Many of you who follow me have probably heard some of Tims tales in the marine corps. When he wanted to get things done for his marines he found a way to accomplish it. Come hell or high water he would fight for what he believed and took care of his marines. He was well respected and a great leader. I have on more than one occasion at various events had marines come up to me and express that Tim has been their best Company Commander and they had learned so much from him. I never totally understod that until today as the ceremony closed the marines that lined up to shake his hand and say their goodbyes. It was quite a sight to see them all waiting in line and brought a tear to my eye. The lives he has touched....nothing short of amazing. Today it all ended. It has been a roller coaster, but neither one of us regret one moment of it. Tim was a pretty great guy when we met and got married, but words cannot express what the marine corps has done for him or our family over the past ten years. He has loved his job, he was VERY good at his job. It was a "second" family. So why get out? I think that with our fourth child on the way and the positions Tim would start holding, the values we have both learned over the past 10 years led us to decide it was our time. It was time to start something new and move on. I want to thank all marines out there for what they stand for and believe in. It has shaped my family and way of life. I have learned so much about myself and Tim and I are both better people for it. We walk away today with a sad feeling to leave this family we have been apart of, but excited as to what the future will hold.

So I want to take one moment to congratulate my husband, and express how proud I am of him and what he has accomplished and a moment to thank all of our marine corps family for what you stand for and have taught us over the years.

Now as I get ready to go to bed tonight, the pit in my stomach has subsided. The look in Tims eyes are getting back to normal, it has been a bittersweet day. We celebrated with family and great friends and feel ready to take a leap into the "civilian" world. Bring it on the Maloneys are ready!What a day....next post...BACK TO FUNNY!

1 comment:

  1. I am in tears reading this, partly because we are not there and partly because I just understand. I always thought Tim would be the General of us all, so it is bittersweet. We wish you all the best and we will be there soon to celebrate with you...love Ang

    ReplyDelete